About us Our Founder

Our Founder

mm

The CDSC was founded in 1994 by the Marburger Mission Foundation, in cooperation with the German Embassy in Bangkok.

The Marburger Mission is well-connected in Germany; it belongs to the “Deutscher Gemeinschafts und Diakonierverband” (DGD) (a social services association), the “Evangelischer Gnadenauer Gemeinschaftsverband” (a denominational association) and is also a member of the “Diakonies Werk” (a welfare association) of the Protestant church in Kurhessen-Waldeck.

CCT2

In Thailand, the Marburger Mission was invited by the Church of Christ Thailand (CCT) to partner in tasks including church planting, theological education and training of pastors, staff training and social service. The CCT, founded in 1934 as an association of Protestant churches, oversees not only a variety of ecclesiastic activities, but also eight hospitals, 25 Christian Thai schools, two international schools (CDSC and CMIS in Chiang Mai), two universities and six institutions for theological education.

Under Thai law, the CDSC is incorporated as part of the CCT; the CCT is therefore held organizationally responsible for the school in the eyes of the Thai government. To fulfill the framework conditions of German schools abroad, the support of CCT and Marburger Mission are incorporated into the school board. The school board consists of appointed Marburger Mission members and other elected members (both generally parents of students), as well as one representative from the parents’ board and one representative from the teaching staff.

 

 

 

About us Our Founder

 

Themenlogo ZFA Logo MM CCT2 logo sor-mor-sor KMK rgb