A Personal Note
Our children attend an excellent German school. We parents come from different countries and different cultures, which significantly increases the demands on the school, on us parents and above all on our children.
We parents want to give our children a good education and training. Together with the CDSC, we can reach this goal. The Parents’ Council is a great opportunity to participate in shaping the community. However, we, the parent representatives, depend on your help. Please tell us your wishes, ideas and suggestions. Write us an email (email@example.com) or contact us personally in the school.
We look forward to every contact.
With kind regards,
Tim Armstrong and Paul Reichmuth
We are David and Josia and we are the student representatives of this school year. In the SV meetings, which take place every second Wednesday, we will discuss your wishes and suggestions to address these to the school administration, the school management and the teaching staff. Furthermore, we will organize the SV events of this school year. Together we want to realize your wishes and goals!
Your student representatives,
Josia and David
Education Quality Management at CDSC
All German schools abroad in the German Schools Abroad International Network are obligated to provide the highest standards of instruction and school quality. Across the globe, the ZfA (Central Agency for German Schools Abroad) supports German schools abroad in their efforts to fulfill this obligation. The ZfA systematically helps schools implement their goals for improvement as defined by their quality management plans.
The subsidizing federal and state-level agencies in the Federal Republic of Germany codified internationally recognized quality standards in November of 2006 (updated in 2019) in their publication, “Quality Standards of the Federal Republic of Germany and its States for German Schools Abroad.”
Additionally, schools are supported by facilitators. Within their respective regions, facilitators advise, aid and accompany schools throughout this process. They also track schools’ progress.
Steering Committee at CDSC
The steering committee is a body that aims to consult, coordinate, inform and cultivate ideas for all things related to school development.
The committee focuses primarily on instruction and lesson-plan development.
Members of the Steering Committee in the 2020/21 School Year
The composition of the steering committee should reflect that of the school community. Members of the DSA steering committee are:
- Elke Kraus – education quality management (PQM) coordinator – head of the steering committee
- Markus Brandtner (principal)
- David Nescholta (School Board representative)
- Florian Gerth (secondary school I/II teacher)
- Martin Waldbüßer (administration manager)
- Vanessa Stauss, Lisa Schultz, Jane-Jirah Koch, Korben Unland (student representatives)
- Paul Reichmuth, Tim Armstrong, Christian Mihatsch (parent representatives)
- Stephan Tetzel (elementary school principal)
- Mirke Waldbüßer (inclusion)
Tasks of the steering committee:
- Draft school development goals
- Steer and coordinate school development processes
- Organize and implement cyclical evaluations
(self-evaluation, evaluation of others, inspection): conduct a satisfaction survey
- Prepare for the next Federal-State-Inspection (“Bund-Länder-Inspektion”, BLI 3.0)
- Formulate work assignments for project groups (together with school management); advise and supervise groups on project management (e.g., setting goals, time frames, etc.)
- Ensure the flow of information between all those involved in school development (school management, regular information for teacher and staff conferences, work groups, external counselors, etc.)
Our school development goals by BLI 3.0:
- Foster the German language and establish/ implement a language education concept (DaF/DaZ/DFU)
- Individualize learning: establish/ implement a concept for internal differentiation, support for the intellectually gifted, digitalization
- Nurture democracy and strengthen student personality (i.e., class council, mediation)
- Develop a vision and revise the school’s mission statement